Some of questions may be difficult, but try your best.
1. Which of the following combinations of organisms contains only radially symmetrical animals?
A. Jellyfish, sponges, and roundworms.
B. Roundworms, hydra, and sea anemones.
C. Sponges, jellyfish, and Portuguese men-o-war.
D. Portuguese men-o-war, roundworms, and flukes.
2. Cephalization MOST ACCURATELY refers to the development of
A. a brain.
B. a head.
C. a scolex.
D. an anterior end.
3. What system do flame cells and nephridiopores belong to?
A. Excretory system of planaria.
B. Circulatory system of planaria.
C. Excretory system of roundworms.
D. Circulatory system of roundworms.
4. What is the advantage to a parasitic worm of having multiple hosts during its life cycle?
A. Finding a mate.
B. Distributing their young.
C. Infecting a wider range of animals.
D. Sampling a wider range of nutrient sources.
5. A parasitic worm that has a dormant stage in a mammal can usually be found in a
6. A human with a tapeworm most likely got it by consuming
A. raw snails.
B. unsanitary water.
C. poorly cooked meat.
D. unwashed leafy vegetables.
7. If a pin were poked into a nematode from the outside into the intestine, what would it pass through?
A. Ectoderm, mesoderm, pseudocoelom, then endoderm.
B. Ectoderm, pseudocoelom, mesoderm, then endoderm.
C. Ectoderm, mesoderm, pseudocoelom, mesoderm, then endoderm.
D. Ectoderm, mesoderm, endoderm, pseudocoelom, mesoderm, then endoderm.
8. Which of the following best describes the movement of a nematode?
C. Ciliated gliding.
D. Whipping back and forth.
9. The development of a coelom is coupled with the earliest specialization of a/an
A. nervous system.
B. excretory system.
C. circulatory system.
D. respiratory system.
10. Flatworms are the most complicated and complex of the worm groups.
11. A living thing that lives off another living thing called a host is
12. A flatworm reproduces by
A. Splitting in half
13. The flatworm has
A. One complex brain
B. Two simple brains
C. No brain
14. A flatworm has one opening to take in food and get rid of wastes.
15. A tapeworm has
B. Bilateral Symmetry
C. Radial Symmetry
Answer: 1.C 2.A 3.A 4.B 5.A 6.D 7.A 8.D 9.C 10.B 11.B 12.A 13.B 14.A 15.B